Telephone/Fax 038-514-812

City Fort Wall

History

It was a masonry construction with cannons located along the walls during the reign of King Rama 3 in 1794. Krom Lueng Rakronnares headed the construction project aiming to circumvent enemy invasion. During the reign of King Rama 5, this place was used by the army to fight the Aung Ye rebels or Chinese opium dealers who rampaged and robbed city dwellers. Now the Fine Arts Department has registered it as National Historic Landmarks and front of the fort is used as a public park for Chachoengsao residents.

Address : Marupong Road, Na Mueang Subdistrict, Mueang District, Chachoengsao 24000 Time : Open daily Journey :

-Blue bus starts from Wat Luang Por Sothon-Buddhist Sothon Hospital-and Wat Laem Tai. -Light blue A/C bus line (5) starts from the new bus terminal-Big C-Wat Luang Por Sothon-Rajabhat University-hospital-and Property Market.

Highlights !!

Modern Fortress

Modern Fortress

It looks like a modern city with fortress used to protect it from the enemy’s firing from the ships. This is an important issue to be aware of that past city walls were preserved for better educational purpose.

Address : Marupong Road, Na Mueang Subdistrict, Mueang District, Chachoengsao 24000 Time : Open daily

Nearby Attractions